OptimumWire Woven Wire
The Industry’s Strongest Wire
Major Wire’s OptimumWire® is the key durability component in most of our screen media (also known as screen cloth and screening media). It is manufactured with a higher carbon and higher manganese content than traditional woven wire, providing more resistance to abrasion and better performance in your application. Its high ductility, hardness and tensile strength make it less susceptible to breaking in high impact conditions and with highly abrasive materials, so it lasts longer and minimizes labor, maintenance and lost production costs.
Benefits Of OptimumWire Woven Wire
- Provides up to 40% longer wear life when compared to traditional woven wire
- Allows producers to increase open area and throughput by using a smaller wire diameter without sacrificing wear life
- Minimizes downtime spent cleaning/replacing screens
- Manufactured with a stringent wire opening tolerance of + or – 3%
- Available in the industry’s largest variety of wire diameters from .047 inches (1.2 mm) to .750 inches (19 mm) and opening sizes from .125 inches (3.18 mm) to 5 inches (127 mm)
The weaving process is also crucial. Each screen is woven with an extremely tight tolerance to any type of movement within the crimp or weave, preventing the wires from rubbing against each other and wearing prematurely during use. A tight weave is produced every time, and the tighter the weave, the more durable the woven wire. Also, most large traditional woven wire diameters are made of unprocessed “rod” that varies in diameter throughout its length and creates loose crimping. Larger OptimumWire diameters are manufactured from a true hard-drawn process wire that is consistent throughout, so you get the strongest screen media possible every time you order.