Ready For Impact
Major Wire’s Double-Weave™ woven wire is constructed of 2 side-by-side, lighter-gauge woven wires and withstands up to 3 times more impact force than heavier single-strand woven wire. As a result, Double-Weave has become standard on many scalping screens and top decks where material impact tends to break even the heaviest wire gauges. It also delivers more material throughput than perforated punch plate and costs less.
In addition, Double-Weave’s unique design provides up to 40% more wear life than heavy gauge, single-strand wire. Its smaller diameter dual wires have lower wear points than larger single-strand wire, and the first wire helps preserve the life of the second wire as it wears. Due to its unique flexibility and lighter weight, installation and replacement are also easier and safer.
Benefits Of Double-Weave
- Handles high-impact loads and wears better than heavier single-strand wire
- Excels with large feed materials
- Reduces screen cloth change-outs and production costs per ton
- Improves material throughput by up to 50% with more open area than perforated punch plate
- Increases the volume of material you can process
- Reduces installation time because the 2 lighter-weight wires bend easier than 1 heavy wire
Double-Weave is available in opening sizes from 1.25 inches (31.8 mm) to 5 inches (127 mm) and wire diameters from .243 inches (6.2 mm) to .5 inches (12.7 mm). It is manufactured with our highly abrasion resistant OptimumWire® that delivers the industry’s best combination of ductility, hardness and tensile strength—resulting in the longest lasting wire available.